Welcome to the March Pals Blog Hop where we are celebrating spring. This month we are featuring spring related projects for Mother’s Day, Easter or any other occasion that celebrates winter coming to an end.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
For Peeps Sake is the Stampin’ Up! stamp set I used here. This past weekend was the first time I “played” with it and I had a ball all weekend!!! I’ll have plenty of samples to share with you in the next several days.
Filling the “Void” but Keeping White Space:
White space is good! There’s something very appealing about the clean, crisp element of … nothing.
However … when I was done, I felt the card lacked balance. Instead of sacrificing my white space, I simply used another image from the same stamp set and heat embossed it the full length of the card with clear embossing powder. I love me some clear embossing!
Creating the Banner:
I started with a piece of 2″ x 4″ Whisper White cardstock and stamped the greeting in the center. Then, using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch, I punched both ends of the cardstock. Now the banner has a “fanciful” top and bottom to emulate the brackets in the stamped image.
Coloring the Chicks:
Simply stamp the chicks in Daffodil Delight ink and then add the details of eyes, ears, ribbon and flower with our Stampin’ Write Markers. I didn’t have room for all three chicks that appear on this stamp so I eliminated the middle chick. I inked one chick at a time by covering the others with Scotch tape. Then I removed the tape and stamped each image where I wanted by using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.
Tying on the Ribbon:
Here, I threaded the Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon through the slots created by the punch. Then, I wrapped it around the front of the Best Year Ever DSP and taped both ends in place on the backside. I snipped about four inches of all three colors from this pack and tied them in a knot around the Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon above the banner. Done!
I. LOVE. THIS. RIBBON. It ties beautifully! Ribbon can be tricky but this one slips through your fingers with ease and makes tying very easy. All three ribbons (and coordinating buttons not used here) are part of the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. Both the Accessory Pack and Best Year Ever DSP can be earned for FREE now through March 31st with qualifying orders. See details here.
The next stop is Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Natalie Bradley at Soiree by Natalie Bradley
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Benjaman Turner at He Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom