But before I get into today’s post, I wanted to toot my own horn for a bit. My card for the last PPA Challenge, which you can see here, was one of three cards selected for the Pals Paper Arts Winner Circle. This is a huge honor and I have been giddy ever since! Here’s my badge that I post with great delight!
Today’s project is one that just kind of evolved. My first objective was to design a card for the PPA Challenge #241. I knew I wanted to use the You Brighten My Day stamp set (FREE with qualifying orders) and several punches. I started with the house stamp and star punches from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, but that wasn’t really working. And then I had that “lightbulb” moment. I grabbed the lightbulb and heart stamps, the heart punch and the “you warm my heart” greeting from Sheltering Tree. Now that worked!
How cool was that (in a warm kind of way)???
Featured Products for this Project:
Since lightbulbs are made of glass, it only made sense to use the product that I boast as “glass-like.” Crystal Effects is a fun accessory to have on hand. Squeeze it on anything that you want to pop up with sheen and dimension. Like this lightbulb. I also used it here on the tulip bulbs. It’s a fun last-minute add-on that lifts your stamped projects up a notch!
Brights Backgrounds Designer Series Papers:
One of the first packs of DSP that I purchased as a new consultant was this one. This hot little item is a must-have for several reasons:
1) It’s a great deal! 40 sheets of 12 x 12 paper (2 each of 2 double-sided designs in 10 colors),
2) The designs! Chevrons are popular these days and there are two different sizes of chevrons. Polka dots go with everything! And the pretty lattice design is dense with color which is great for projects with intricate elements,
3) The colors! While my knee-jerk response is to say that Regal tones are my favorite, I tend to use the Brights Collection more than anything else. Who knew?
4) Acid Free and Lignin free! Perfect for memory keeping!
* Earn FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration catalog (like the stamp set used here, You Brighten My Day),
* Receive extra FREEbies when you order a Starter Kit,
* Get more FREEbies as a hostess
I would love to help you reap the benefits of this very special time. Please leave a comment below or contact me so that I can assist you!
Visit and like my Facebook page and “Follow My Blog” for email updates when I post projects, techniques and video tutorials.