Welcome to the February Pals Blog Hop. This month we are sharing what we love – our favorite Stampin’ Up! products and our favorite crafting techniques.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Tiddbits from Dawn. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
Sharing my favorite Stampin’ Up! products was a daunting task at first because my list of favorite items is very long. There were so many possibilities. So in the end I just decided to start stamping and this is what I came up with. And I did use many of my favorite items and techniques.
Whisper White Organza Ribbon:
This is a staple in my craft room! I use it all of the time because it goes with everything.
An easy way to tie a bow: For this card I cut a 5″ strip of Whisper White Organza Ribbon, wrapped it around the Smokey Slate cardstock, and taped it to the backside. Then I cut another 4″ strip plus a 4″ strip of red ribbon and tied them in a knot around the middle of the ribbon on the front of the card. This red ribbon is the Woven Satin Ribbon from our recent Holiday Occcasions Catalog. If you don’t have this in your stash, you can substitute #119251 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon in Real Red or #134563 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon in Real Red.
I could end my post here after having declared one of my all-time, super-dee-duper favorite Stampin’ Up! products. But why stop here? I have so many more.
Designer Series Paper:
Here I’m using Sweet Dreams DSP from the Occasions catalog. I actually started with this DSP and designed the card around it. I do this often when I’m feeling creatively stagnant. Stampin’ Up!s DSPs are just that good!
Banners, Banners and more Banners:
I love me some banners for my greetings! I should have a banner that reads, “I love banners.” If you’re familiar with my blog you know that I’m not exaggerating. I use banners a LOT because they are a great way to interject a thought while also breaking up a vast area and creating movement. I. Love. Banners.
Crazy About You and Hello You Thinlit Bundle:
I’ve said it before – – this bundle is the best bang for your buck! The greetings are designed to be coupled with one another and with the Hello You thinlits in a variety of different ways so your options are limitless. Plus, it includes three bold images (not used here) that can be used for all occasions. You cannot go wrong with this bundle. And of course when purchasing these two items as a bundle, you save 15%!
Creating a three-dimensional look:
The Real Red “you” by itself was getting lost in the sea of Smokey Slate. And the Whisper White “you” by itself looked stark and sterile. But by offsetting the two colors together I created a three-dimensional greeting that cannot go unnoticed. And the color choices tie the whole look together. Don’t you think?
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack:
It’s so easy to add a bit more “panache” to your project with one of these quick punches. Go here for an example of the star adding that extra detail and here for a project accented with the heart punch. Super cute! Super fast!
On these flowers here I curled up the petals with my bone folder before gluing them to the card with our Liquid Multipurpose glue.
The flowers here would look haphazard and pointless without the pearl adornment. But with the pearls the flowers “pop” and stand out as a main feature. Plus, the color of the pearls ties in with the white elsewhere in the card making the entire design cohesive.
Good rule of thumb with accents: Use an odd number of them to prevent the matchy matchy look. And by scattering one onto the slate background here it created balance and a more natural appearance.
So these are a few of my favorite things …
“When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I’m feeling sad.
I simply remember (these) favorite things…
And then I don’t feel … so bad.”
The next stop is Karen’s Blog on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I’ll see you next month.
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of you
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers