One of the fabulous things about being a Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator is the magazine, Stampin’ Success, that we receive every two months. It’s full of great tips on our product line and the unique projects that can be made with them. This last one featured a cellophane bag that had been stamped with our White StazOn Ink Pad.
Say what? IT STAMPS ON CELLOPHANE BAGS?!!! Yep! That was my reaction too! Naturally I ordered the White StazOn Ink Pad immediately!
Isn’t this a beauty? I deliberately chose a candy that had a solid wrapper. Hershey Kisses come in all sorts of colors during the holidays and offer a variety of great choices. But I especially love the gold of the Rolos with Garden Green. So, so pretty!
The White StazOn Ink Pad is an acid-free, archival and fast drying opaque solvent ink . It comes as a set with a reinker, an uninked pad and a small plastic squeegie. It’s super easy to ink. The directions say to add 5 to 8 drops of ink on the pad but I actually put four rows of five dots when I used it for the first time. You then use the mini squeegie tool to distribute the ink on the pad. Easy peasy, ‘mini squeegie’. 🙂
NOTE: You will need our StazOn Cleaner to clean your stamp.
Steps for creating this treat bag:
1) Stamp the cello bag first to allow the ink to dry before assembly.
2) Use the Big Shot and Top Note Bigz to diecut the cardstock and DSP.
3) Score the Garden Green cardstock from the “west” point to the “east” point and fold along the score line. If you score from the north point to the south point you will end up with a more narrow topper.
4) Cut the DSP using the same west and east points and discard the top half.
5) Trim the DSP along the perforated line that the Bigz creates along the outside edges and mount the DSP onto the Garden Green cardstock.
6) Assemble the package by stapling the bag topper onto the bag. Staple it in the center of the bag topper so that the greeting will eventually hide the staple.
7) Punch a 1-3/8″ circle of Baked Brown Sugar and a 1-1/4″ circle of Garden Green and glue them together.
8) Stamp the greeting on Whisper White cardstock and cut it into a banner. Glue to the circles.
9) Adhere the circle/greeting to the bag topper with a Stampin’ Dimensional over the staple.
I highly recommend the White Stazon pad and our cello bags. They make an inexpensive yet impressive looking gift for the holidays!
Stampin’ Up! Items Used:
Ornamental Pine stamp set #135107
C block #118486 and H block #118490
Nordic Noel DSP #135822
White StazOn Pad #106960
StazOn Cleaner #109196
4 x 6 Cellophane Bags #102757
Big Shot #113439
Top Note Bigz #113463
1-3/8″ circle punch #119860 and 1-1/4″ circle punch #119861
Garden Green ink pad #126973
Garden Green cdstk #102584, Baked Brown Sugar cdstk #131296, Whisper White cdstk #100730
Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430
Paper Snips #103579
Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755
To order any of these items now, head over to my online store by using the Shop Now button.
Visit and like my Facebook page and “Follow My Blog” for email updates when I post projects, techniques and video tutorials. You can unsubscribe at any time.