Welcome to the November Pals Blog Hop. We are thankful you stopped by. This month we are showcasing projects that show our thanks, including both thank you and Thanksgiving themed projects. You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat #11 on the Pals hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing projects.
Halloween has come and gone and yet I still have some Motley Monsters Designer Series Papers (DSPs). I’ve been challenging myself to use them this past week and have come up with a few projects including this card featured today as well as last Tuesday’s post.
Make it season neutral:
You may remember that this particular sheet of DSP has scary yellow eyes peeping out from among the trees. I was able to cut a few panels roughly 4″ x 5″ without the eyes. And suddenly the theme went from spooky ooky to a more sophisticated, perhaps Asian feel.
Even the yellow banner is made with a sheet from the same DSP. To create the banner, you can use the corner of a square punch as shown. But I prefer to use my Paper Snips as described in this previous post.
Because the greeting is small, I felt it got lost by itself on the banner. The wheat stalk from Flower Patch was a good match to the foliage in the DSP so I stamped it on the banner and that seemed to magnify the greeting and give it the appropriate weight.
The stamp set I used for the greeting is Good Greetings, a retired stamp set that was recently made available again to hostesses with a qualifying party order. That hostess special has now ended. However, other comparable stamp sets in our current catalog are And Many More, Petite Pairs and Teeny Tiny Wishes.
I hope you enjoyed my project. The next stop is Amy Hoptay at Inking of You! #13 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought…Cards by Amy
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space