Welcome to the Pals September Blog Hop. This month our theme is Halloween and Harvest. We hope you enjoy our projects!
You may just be starting the blog hop or you may have come from Susan Itell at Simple Stampin ,#20 on the Pals hop. If you lose your way as you hop along, the full lineup at the end of this post will help you get back on track so you can be sure to see all of the amazing projects the Pals have in store for you.
If you’re familiar with my blog, you know that I often boast about our Designer Series Papers. And even last weekend at our Stampin’ Up! World Card Making Day event, I was asked where I often find my creative inspiration and my answer was our DSPs.
With this project, I used Motley Monsters. It may look familiar as I used it in a previous post. After framing the DSP in black cardstock and another sheet of DSP and creating the banner for the greeting, I knew my card needed something. And so the fun of the “process” began …
Texture and Dimension – –
I embossed the Sahara Sand base cardstock with the Decorative Dots textured embossing folder. The raised dots added the texture the card needed but the dimension was still flat. Ribbon is often my go-to, so I added the Hello Honey Satin Stitched Ribbon. The color looked good but the ribbon by itself wasn’t substantial enough. So I added the Whisper White Organza ribbon. The white elements were too bright so I added “dirt” with retired stamp set Itty Bitty Backgrounds (similar to the ink spots in the Frightful Wreath stamp set in the Holiday Catalog). It was at that point that I finally had my “Ahhh….” moment.
I hope you enjoyed my project. Next up is Jane Knudsen at See Jane Stamp, #22 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Amy Whelan at Amys Inklings
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Sherrie Gross at Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sherrie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com